ECEP State Leader(s)
- Mark Guzdial, Principle Investigator, Expanding Computing Education Pathways (ECEP) & Professor of Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Barbara Ericson, Co-Principle Investigator, Expanding Computing Education Pathways (ECEP) & Director, Computing Outreach and Senior Research Scientist, Georgia Institute of Technology
ECEP State Member(s)
- Bryan Cox, Computer Science Program Specialist, Georgia Department of Education
- Caitlyn Dooley, Deputy Superintendent, Georgia Department of Education
CS Education Organization(s)
- CS Task Force - Pamela Smith
Key ECEP-Supported Activities
- In 2013, piloted Project Rise Up 4 CS to increase the number of African-American high school students who pass the Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science (CS) A exam in Georgia. This project has been replicated at 3 other institutions thanks to a Google RISE grant.
- IN 2014, piloted Sisters Rise Up 4 CS to increase the number of female high school students who pass the AP CS A exam in Georgia.
- Ran 12 summer computing camps and weekend workshops reaching more than 1,200 students.
- Offered 5 professional development opportunities, attended by 73 teachers.
- Gathered 2- and 4-year college faculty and staff for the University System of Georgia Transfer Summit.